Job Vacancy: Audiotonix Factory Manager
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
To ensure the Factory meets the demands of the business for product quality, on time delivery, inventory levels and team development. Ensuring policies and procedures are followed maximising output.
The Factory Manager has overall responsibility for the following for all brand operations in the Glenrothes facility:
- Planning annually and monthly to ensure materials, production and logistics can meet all the brand needs
To develop individuals and teams to improve business performance
To motivate all team members.
Managing of Supervisors, Team Leaders and subsequent team members.
- Planning of weekly:
– Staff levels
– Equipment capacity
– Line capacity
- Measurement of:
– Team Performance
– Meeting customer demand (OTD)
– Quality (with QA Manager)
– Inventory Levels
- To implement flexible manufacturing processes to ensure customer sales orders can be delivered on a short lead time
- To work with the General Manager & Operations Manager to plan the production schedule enabling materials to be available
- Ensure the production area has a highly visible process flow.
- To communicate to all of Manufacturing regularly on performance and any issues.
- Achievement of pre-determined targets in line with company’s business plan.
- Establish challenging achievable targets for improvements in efficiency, quality, and delivery.
- To focus on external quality problems involving all key resources to resolve any issues speedily
- To work on internal quality analysis with the Quality Manager to improve yields
- To work with the Materials manager to maintain the agreed levels and just in time delivery
- Health & Safety of their team members.
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping in all departments.
- Instigate disciplinary proceedings when necessary.
- Management of annual appraisals.
- Assessment of skill base, multi skill / train where required.
- Ownership and accountability for output and quality of team.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering Manager to improve productivity and quality.
- Ensure NPI is planned into the production schedule.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure customer demand can be satisfied
- Degree Qualified – Desirable
- Preferably with 5 years previous experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
Experience of managing a production team – Essential
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Good communication, negotiation and organisation skills – methodical and systematic approach to working. Determination – Essential
- Flexible, quick to learn and with the ability to work well within a team environment and under pressure – Essential
- To be able to counsel individual Team Members.
- To resolve problems and instigate solutions or report them to the HR manager or Senior Manager.
- Able to work beyond their contracted hours to ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- General Manager DiGiCo & Group Operations Director
HOURS OF WORK
38 Hours per week with 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:00
Friday 08:00 – 14:00
Depending on experience & technical ability
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com