Job Vacancy: Financial Accountant, based in Chessington
Contract Type: Permanent position – recruiting Summer 2021
DiGiCo is a global leader in the design and manufacture of live music mixing consoles and related products for the professional audio industry. The founders of DiGiCo now lead the wider Audiotonix group of companies, encompassing leading audio brands of DiGiCo, Allen & Heath, Calrec and Solid State Logic. Audiotonix has been through multiple rounds of private equity investment, most recently from Ardian in March 2020.
Reporting to the DiGiCo Financial Controller, we are seeking an individual to join the DiGiCo Finance team based at our Chessington offices. The DiGiCo team works alongside the small Audiotonix group finance team, and there is significant interaction between the two at all levels.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Financial Accounting with an enthusiasm to support the development and growth of the business, in parallel with their own personal development, working with contacts from across the company, including sales, operations, R&D and the Glenrothes (Fife) manufacturing team. This will be in addition to working with Finance colleagues, the Audiotonix group finance team and external professional advisors. A key part of the role will involve driving the month end close process, as well as providing financial information, supporting annual accounts, tax and R&D audits.
Later this year DiGiCo is migrating to the new group wide ERP system – experience of participating in the roll out such systems would be an advantage. For candidates wishing to develop and learn there are opportunities to work on accounts preparation, technical projects (such as patent box and RDEC tax work).
Key job responsibilities
- Preparing weekly Monday morning Sales Flash report for the previous week for General Manager and to submit to Group Finance team.
- Preparing and reviewing weekly aged debtor reports, and sharing these with senior members of the commercial/sales teams. Also periodic issuing of customer statements (for some customers).
- Preparing Weekly 13-week rolling Cash flow forecast, factoring in known changes for review by Financial Controller.
- Ensure month end close deadlines achieved – posting journals, reviewing key balance sheet accounts, checking and agreeing all inter-company balances, revaluing non-GBP Debtors (AR) and Creditors (AP) balances, co-ordinating work with the Finance Assistant.
- Assisting Financial Controller with preparation of month end group reporting ‘Input File’ including preparation of supplementary data each month.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, including VAT Control accounts and Loan exchange (consoles on loans to distributors) reconciliations.
- Product Sales and margin analysis and providing sales information for DiGiCo’s German sister company KLANG Technologies GmbH each month. Provide the Sales Team with monthly reporting information.
- Preparation and reconciliation of various commission amounts – mainly for third party vendors owed commissions based on number of units of given consoles sold each month or quarter,
- Work closely with Head of R&D on Monthly R&D timesheet formats and monitor completion of these by R&D team members.
- Responsibility for daily cash management, downloading bank statements posting entries in Cash Book and posting to ledgers and reconciling all bank accounts.
- Reconciling software revenue received from on line shop portal (Stripe) to bank receipts from third party intermediary.
- Ensure all staff with credit cards complete monthly credit card expense forms on a timely basis and posting entries.
- Helping prepare work papers and supporting schedules for auditors, and for the firm of advisors who prepare statutory accounts and the consolidation workings.
- Helping prepare information required by tax advisors on all aspects of corporation tax, including computations, RDEC and patent box.
- Supporting the Head Office Financial Controller as the role out of ERP gathers pace around the group – including assisting preparing the upload of historic comparative data before go live dates.
- Assisting with month end close processes for head office companies being migrated onto the ERP system.
- Other projects and assistance to the Group FC and CFO.
DiGiCo Financial Controller, Audiotonix Group Financial Controller, General Manager DiGiCo, Head of Sales DiGiCo.
Will also have interaction with other members of the wider Audiotonix finance team in four other UK and US locations, as well as colleagues from departments across DiGiCo.
Qualifications and Experience
We are open minded on candidates – formal exam qualifications are not a pre-requisite. For the right candidate who wishes to embark (or continue) on obtaining a professional accounting qualification, financial support may be available.
Epicor, SAGE or other similar financial systems. Experience of participating in implementing an ERP system (Epicor) would be advantage.
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com