Job Vacancy: FPGA & DSP Engineer.
Contract Type: Full time permanent.
Based in Chessington, DiGiCo is a leading manufacturer of Digital Mixing Consoles, specialising in consoles for live concert, theatre, broadcast and sports. We are looking for an FPGA & DSP Engineer to strengthen our existing team and to design and deliver class leading designs for our mixing consoles and other products
- Implementing new FPGA designs, using a mixture of existing IP and newly created code, using VHDL primarily for Xilinx devices
- Writing code with a view to re-usability, readability, efficient resource utilisation, and high clock rate
- Using modern simulation and verification techniques to create comprehensive testing/simulation environments
- Producing design documentation, as well as documents describing any software interfaces
- Creating and validate timing constraints
- Conducting debug of the FPGA
- Designing digital audio signal processing algorithms and studying mathematical behaviours.
- Evaluating and testing of signal processing function and performance
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Degree in Electronics/Software Engineering or related subject
- 1-2 years of FPGA or ASIC designs in VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with audio DSP algorithm design and programming, or at a minimum, an in-depth experience of a complex audio DSP project
- Good understanding of digital audio signal processing theory and principles.
- Experience in FPGA design, simulation / verification, synthesis, static timing analysis, verification and debugging
- Familiar with Xilinx design tools
- The job will require a good knowledge, understanding and experience of most of the following:
- High speed digital design – Logic, Timing, Signal Integrity etc
- Embedded Microprocessor and Microcontroller design
- Digital circuit components: DSP, FPGA, CPLD, Memory etc
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Electronic hardware design
- Understanding of electronic circuits and FPGA design and verification
- Able to work well and effectively with remote teams as well as individually
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good time management
- Balanced view of perfection vs. speed
- PC skills – Word, Excel, Outlook etc
Excellent written and verbal communication
To apply, please forward a CV and letter of application to email@example.com