Job Vacancy: Head office Accountant, based in Chessington
Contract Type: Three to Four Month interim position – Summer 2021
Audiotonix is a global leader in the design and manufacture of mixing consoles and related products for the professional audio industry. It has been through multiple rounds of private equity investment, most recently from Ardian in March 2020.
Reporting to Head Office Financial Controller, we are seeking an individual to assist the small head office Finance team of three people (CFO, Group Financial Controller and Head Office Financial Controller) over a busy period.
The ideal candidate will have had experience of similar roles in the past with an ability to adopt quickly to a new environment, working with both internal finance contacts within Audiotonix and external advisors. A key part of the role will involve supporting the audit, accounts preparation and associated tax inputs for nine head office entities, and co-ordinating on the same process for the five major trading subsidiary companies in the UK and US.
The candidate will have relevant experience of both IFRS (used for the consolidated group accounts) and FRS 102 (used for all subsidiary accounts).
Tax and Statutory accounts
- Supporting the audit and accounts preparation of nine head office entities, and the group consolidation. This includes five new entities (incorporated in late 2019/early 2020 as Newcos for the investment by Ardian) subject to their first annual audit.
- Helping prepare work papers and supporting schedules for auditors, and for the firm of advisors who prepare statutory accounts and the consolidation workings.
- Supporting all aspects of the consolidation, including goodwill analysis as a result of the acquisition of Audiotonix Group Limited on 18th March 2020, and workings for stub period accounting only required for the new companies.
- Drafting disclosures required for Directors reports and accounting policy notes.
- Liaising with tax advisors on all aspects of corporation tax, including computations, RDEC, patent box and disclosures required for the statutory accounts.
ERP and Other responsibilities
- Assisting with various special projects expected to take place over the summer.
- Supporting the Head Office Financial Controller as the role out of ERP gathers pace around the group – including mapping and uploading historic comparative data before go live dates.
- Helping with month end close processes for head office companies being migrated onto the ERP system.
- Helping with weekly reporting of revenue forecasts and cash flow forecasts.
- Other projects and assistance to the Group FC and CFO.
Group Financial Controller, Group CFO, Finance Directors (or equivalent) of four UK and one US trading subsidiaries.
External Auditors – KPMG, external tax advisors – PwC, external accounting advisors and preparers of draft accounts & consolidation workings – Azets (Wilkins Kennedy).
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org