Job Vacancy: PCB Design Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
DiGiCo is a part of the Audiotonix Group, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of pro-audio mixing consoles. Based in Chessington, at the DiGiCo Global Headquarters, we are looking for a PCB Design Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of the PCB’s for our range of high-end audio mixing desks and associated products. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to significantly contribute to the company’s ambitious growth plans and also to develop their career in this exciting and dynamic environment.
- Performing all PCB layout design activities including schematic review, part library creation, component placement, routing, and Gerber generation
- Create, modify, and maintain part libraries based on component datasheets and drawings
- Create PCB design package including Gerber, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and other design files for PCB fabrication and PCB assembly
- The setup and maintenance of Design Rule Checks (DRC)
- Work with the Hardware Engineers to ensure PCB layouts meet design requirements
- Provide quick turnaround placement and route analysis for design feasibility studies
- Work with PCB fabricators to resolve DFM or any other manufacturing related issues
- Liaise with the mechanical CAD team to ensure PCB compatibility with enclosures and fixings
- Stay current with high-speed PCB design techniques.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualification in engineering, with strong emphasis on electronics.
- Expert working knowledge of Cadstar PCB layout tools and schematic capture tools, ideally with experience of using Cadstar High Speed circuit design tools
- Experience of ISO 90001 & BS8888 and engineering change documentation process
- Ideally interested in audio mixing systems
- Experience with both analogue and digital PCB design
- Knowledge of UL, FCC and CE certification
- Experience with EMI/EMC requirement for PCB design
- Experience with order processing and BOM creation for PCB’s
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and be self-directed and motivated to deliver
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- A delivery mentality and focus, backed up by technical expertise
- Understanding of PCB development techniques and tools.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good time management
- Balanced view of perfection vs. speed
- PC skills – Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication
For a full Job Specification, benefits and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com