Job Vacancy: PCB Design Engineer
Contract Type: Full time permanent
Based in Chessington, we are looking for a PCB Design Engineer to work in our Research & Development team.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role involves interpreting schematics and layouts of multi-layer PCB’s and adhering to strict design rules for signal integrity, reliability, and manufacturability. The PCB designer has to work closely with hardware design engineers, often working as a team on circuit schematics, discussing complex layout sections, supporting signal integrity simulation and reviewing layout for safety and EMC compliance standards. The role also involves editing circuit schematics for manufacturing teams, compiling bills of materials data for PCB’s, preparing quotes and processing and creating manufacturing data for PCB orders.
MAIN ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to the Electromechanical Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of the PCB designs for high-end audio mixing desks and associated products. This will include:
- Performing all PCB layout design activities including schematic review, part library creation, component placement, routing, and Gerber generation
- Create, modify, and maintain part libraries based on component datasheets and drawings
- Create PCB design package including Gerber, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and other design files for PCB fabrication and PCB assembly
- The setup and maintenance of Design Rule Checks (DRC)
- Work with the Hardware Engineers to ensure PCB layouts meet design requirements
- Provide quick turnaround placement and route analysis for design feasibility studies
- Work with PCB fabricators to resolve EQ/DFM or any other manufacturing related issues
- Liaise with the mechanical CAD team to ensure PCB compatibility with enclosures and fixings
- Stay current with high-speed PCB design techniques.
- Liaison with PCB subcontractors, purchasing department and factory.
- Involvement in schematic design to provide best practice PCB design input
- Participation in design reviews
- System modelling and review of results
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Qualification in engineering, with strong emphasis on electronics.
- Prior experience in PCB/hardware design
- High speed, high density and high layer count PCB design and layout experience
- PCB design experience with high-speed serial communication interfaces such as SERDES, SATA, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0.
- PCB design experience with memory interfaces for DDR 2/3/4/5
- PCB layout experience for impedance controlled design
- Competent in reading schematics and using schematics as a layout reference.
- Experience with placement techniques for controlled impedance stacks, signal integrity, multilayer design, and power plane sizing
- Familiar with PCB fabrication assembly processes
- Experience of controlled engineering change documentation process
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and be self-directed and motivated to deliver
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office knowledge
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com