Job Vacancy: FPGA & DSP Engineer
Contract Type: Full time permanent.
DiGiCo is part of the Audiotonix group, the largest developer and manufacturer of professional audio mixing systems in the world. DiGiCo specialises in mixing consoles for live music and our consoles are used by many of the biggest names in music such as Coldplay and U2; most West End and Broadway shows use our systems. Despite our prominence, we retain the working atmosphere and enthusiasm of a small company.
Based in Chessington, DiGiCo is a leading manufacturer of Digital Mixing Consoles, specialising in consoles for live concert, theatre, broadcast and sports. We are looking for an FPGA & DSP Engineer to strengthen our existing team and to design and deliver class leading designs for our mixing consoles and other products
- Implementing new FPGA designs, using a mixture of existing IP and newly created code, using VHDL primarily for Xilinx devices
- Writing code with a view to re-usability, readability, efficient resource utilisation, and high clock rate
- Using modern simulation and verification techniques to create comprehensive testing/simulation environments
- Producing design documentation, as well as documents describing any software interfaces
- Creating and validate timing constraints
- Conducting debug of the FPGA
- Designing digital audio signal processing algorithms and studying mathematical behaviours.
- Evaluating and testing of signal processing function and performance
Degree in Electronics/Software Engineering or related subject
- 1-2 years of FPGA or ASIC designs in VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with audio DSP algorithm design and programming, or at a minimum, an in-depth experience of a complex audio DSP project
- Good understanding of digital audio signal processing theory and principles.
- Experience in FPGA design, simulation / verification, synthesis, static timing analysis, verification and debugging
- Familiar with Xilinx design tools
- Digital circuit components: DSP, FPGA, CPLD, Memory etc
- The job will require a good knowledge, understanding and experience of most of the following:
- High speed digital design – Logic, Timing, Signal Integrity etc
- Embedded Microprocessor and Microcontroller design
Attributes & Skills
- Electronic hardware design
- Understanding of electronic circuits and FPGA design and verification
- Able to work well and effectively with remote teams as well as individually
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good time management
- Balanced view of perfection vs. speed
- PC skills – Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication
To apply, please forward a CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can’t find a role that fits your skills and experience, or our location is not suitable, all available positions within the wider Audiotonix Group are on our sister company’s websites.