Job Vacancy: R&D Application Software Engineer
Contract Type: Full time
Based in Chessington, we are looking for an Application Software Engineer to work in our Research & Development team developing complex application software to control our mixing consoles. These are used by the world’s leading artists to bring their live performances to life all over the world.
THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels with very low latency. To do this they have very high speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware. There is a sophisticated user interface implemented using graphics, touch and a range of electromechanical controls; and in between the user interface and the audio engine is a sophisticated application which drives the console. You will be involved in the development of those applications and the user interfaces.
YOUR ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
• Working with product specialists to define new features and functionality; we use an acceptance-test driven approach.
• Taking ownership of the development of a new feature or function and developing the code, working with other members of the team to manage integration, collaborate on problem solving and provide mutual peer-review.
• Working with product specialists during development to validate and refine specific aspects of a new feature: getting the look and feel and sound right.
• Unit testing and shadow acceptance testing your own code before handing over to the product testing team for formal acceptance testing.
• Working with product support specialists to diagnose bug reports and developing resolutions.
YOU MUST BE:
• An excellent software engineer able to take requirements through to high-quality code and supporting documentation through a systematic process of design, coding and test
• Proficient in object oriented design and development
• Proficient in at least one object oriented language
• Proficient in at least one GUI framework
• Able to explain and discuss complex subjects effectively through excellent verbal and written communication skills (our working language is English)
• Able to work effectively in a team, sharing ideas, problem solving as a group and providing and accepting constructive peer review
• Able to produce high quality software to a deadline by working with colleagues to manage scope and dependencies effectively
• Able to plan and manage own time and priorities effectively on a day-to-day basis within a wider team workflow and set of objectives and milestones
• Mathematically fluent
• Interested in and willing to learn about audio systems
You will probably have a good degree (2.1 or 1st) and possibly post-graduate qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering or another subject with a high mathematical and software development component; or if not be able to demonstrate a corresponding level of understanding and expertise gained through an alternative life-path.
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com