Job Vacancy: R&D Application Software Team Leader
Contract Type: Full time
Based in Chessington, we are looking for an Application Software Team Leader to work in our Research & Development team.
THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels with very low latency.To do this they have very high speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware. There is a sophisticated user interface implemented using graphics, touch and a range of electromechanical controls; and in between the user interface and the audio engine is a sophisticated application which drives the console. You will lead the development of those applications and the user interfaces for our next generation of mixing consoles, working at the forefront of this exciting industry.
YOUR ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
Reporting to the Head of Software Development you will be responsible for managing a team of developers whose main tasks are:
• Working with product specialists to define new features and functionality
• Taking ownership of the development of a new feature or function and developing the code
• Working with product specialists during development to get the look, feel and sound right
• Unit testing and shadow acceptance testing your own code
• Diagnosing bug reports and developing resolutions
• Working with colleagues to evolve and improve our development, integration and test environments
• Working with colleagues to evolve and improve the structure of our codebases
YOU MUST BE:
• Experienced in managing a team of talented SW engineers in a fast paced, real time embedded software environment.
• An excellent software engineer, able to take requirements through to high-quality code and supporting documentation through a systematic process of design, coding and test
• Proficient in object oriented design and development
• Proficient in at least one object oriented language
• Proficient in at least one GUI framework
• Able to explain and discuss complex subjects effectively through excellent verbal and written communication skills (our working language is English)
• Able to work effectively in a team, sharing ideas, problem solving as a group and providing and accepting constructive peer review
• Able to produce high quality software to a deadline by working with colleagues to manage scope and dependencies effectively
• Able to plan and manage own time and priorities effectively on a day-to-day basis within a wider team workflow and set of objectives and milestones
• Mathematically fluent
• Interested in and willing to learn about audio systems
You will probably have a good degree (2.1 or 1st) and possibly post-graduate qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering or another subject with a high mathematical and software development component; or if not be able to demonstrate a corresponding level of understanding and expertise gained through an alternative life-path. A background or interest in the pro-audio industry would also be very useful.
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com