Job Vacancy: R&D Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels. To do this they have very high speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware. There is a sophisticated user interface implemented using graphics, touch screens and a range of electromechanical controls; and in between the user interface and the audio engine is a sophisticated application which drives the console. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing for production the mechanical designs that enclose this high technology hardware and software. All these ingredients help to make DiGiCo mixing consoles and related products truly world leading products. An eye for good design, coupled with experience bringing complex electro-mechanical designs to market is essential.
YOUR ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
- Design of all the mechanical aspects of the road mapped products. This runs from initial industrial design, through concepts, prototyping and build to release to mass production and production support
- Provide manufacturing drawings or data to subcontractors
- Implement and record design changes
- To ensure all new parts and mechanical BOM’s are correct, updated and able to be entered onto the MRP system
- To ensure purchasing are aware of any design changes
- Liaise with the Marketing department to maintain logos, designs and artwork continuity
- Input to overall project plans and ownership of delivery to plan from a mechanical perspective. In addition, the opportunity for the right candidate to manage projects as the project lead in addition to your mechanical duties
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
YOU MUST BE:
- Experienced and fully conversant with Autodesk Inventor 2105, AutoCAD
- Ideally experience of ISO 90001 & BS8888 and engineering change documentation process
- Experienced and fully conversant with sheet metal fabrication, ideally enclosing complex and high technology electronics
- Experienced and fully conversant with designing extrusions
- Experienced and fully conversant with designing machined parts
- Able to create assembly drawings
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office
- Experienced in dealing with mechanical bills of materials and parts lists
You will probably have a good degree (2.1 or 1st) and possibly post-graduate qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience; or if not be able to demonstrate a corresponding level of understanding and expertise gained through an alternative life-path.
If you are interested and want a challenge in an open, fun and world leading R&D environment please forward a CV and letter of application with your current package details to email@example.com