Job Vacancy: R&D Student Product Testers (Year Placement)
Contract Type: Student Placement -1 year
We are looking for Student Product Testers to work in our Research & Development team on a year’s placement, starting in July 2022. The location is Chessington, Surrey.
This is a student placement role so candidates must be in full time education in order to be eligible.
THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels with very low latency. To do this they have very high speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware. There is a sophisticated user interface implemented using graphics, touch and a range of electromechanical controls; and in between is a sophisticated application which drives the console.
You will be using professional digital mixing consoles to test the functionality and performance of software and hardware. It will involve testing new features as they are developed, testing that existing features haven’t been broken as a result, testing fixes for known problems and reporting any problems you come across during your tests.
No prior experience of either software testing or DiGiCo mixers is required, but strong audio knowledge is desirable. Full training in console usage, audio console networking and software testing practices will be provided.
- Have a strong interest in audio or music, ideally with knowledge of audio mixing consoles.
- Have an ability to understand complex systems.
- Have an inquisitive mind that can identify faults in system behaviour
- Have a meticulous attention to detail in your approach
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be a competent PC user including Microsoft Excel / Word.
To apply, please forward a CV and letter of application to email@example.com