Job Vacancy: Senior Digital Embedded Electronics Engineer
Contract Type: Full time
Based in Chessington, we are looking for a Senior Digital Embedded Electronics Engineer to work in our Research & Development team.
To work with product specialists and other members of the R&D team to specify, design, develop, test and support digital electronics hardware and embedded software for sophisticated digital audio mixing products.
YOUR ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for:
- Design of system hardware and embedded architecture.
- High-speed digital circuit design; Logic, timing, signal integrity, including guidance on component and track layout.
- Microprocessor and microcontroller embedded design; ARM, NXP, XMOS, DSP, FPGA and memory.
- Cost and manufacture design analysis.
- Prototype circuit bring-up, verification and validation.
- Taking ownership of the design and development of new subsystems
- Working with other members of the hardware, embedded and software teams to manage integration, collaboration and problem solving.
- Provide mutual peer-review.
- Project management of complex electronics and embedded systems for high end audio products.
- Working with colleagues to evolve and improve our development, integration and test environments.
- Working with colleagues to evolve and improve the structure of our design and product development processes.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
Good degree (2.1 or 1st) in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or another subject with a high mathematical and engineering component; or if not, be able to demonstrate a corresponding level of understanding and expertise gained through an alternative life-path.
MSc or PhD in a software, electronics, signal processing or audio engineering topic. would also be very useful.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years industrial experience as an electronics or embedded engineer.
- Proven prior design work involving digital electronics and embedded processors.
- Knowledge of high-speed digital design – Logic, Timing, Signal Integrity etc.
- Proficient in C programming on embedded devices.
- Experienced in developing on ARM-based microcontrollers.
- Experience of developing on Linux.
- Experience with embedded C++.
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub.
- Experience with SPI, UART and I2C interfaces.
- Experience with networking interfaces, protocols and drivers; TCP/IP and USB.
- Able to read and understand a circuit diagram.
- Able to explain and discuss complex subjects effectively through excellent verbal and written communication skills (our working language is English).
- Able to work effectively in a team, sharing ideas, problem solving as a group and providing and accepting constructive peer review.
- PC skills – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Experience writing drivers (Baremetal and/or Linux) for off-chip peripheral devices.
- Comfortable translating datasheet register maps into C/C++ style code that provides an intuitive interface for higher-level Application engineers.
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact email@example.com