Job Vacancy: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract Type: Full time
Based in Chessington, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work in our Research & Development Electro – Mechanical team.
Senior mechanical designer for digital audio mixers and related products
YOUR ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
Reporting to the Electro-Mechanical Manager you will be responsible for the mechanical design and development of high end audio mixing desks; the role will cover industrial design through to factory support. This will include:
- Design of all the mechanical aspects for road mapped products. Creative industrial design and concept development for potential products.
- Provide manufacturing drawings or data to subcontractors.
- Implement and record design changes.
- Ensure all new parts and mechanical BOM’s are correct, updated and able to be entered onto the MRP system
- Ensure purchasing is aware of any design changes.
- Liaise with the Marketing department to help design and maintain logos, designs and artwork continuity.
- Creation of artworks for products and packaging.
- Input to overall project plans and ownership of delivery to plan from a mechanical perspective. In addition, there will be opportunity to manage projects as the project lead.
- Involvement in higher level system design as part of the product development team.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
MSc in Mechanical or related subject or equivalent experience, would also be very useful.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- 7 years+ in mechanical design
- Experience with designing complex mechanical products using a DFM methodology
- Experience with project managing paper to production electro-mechanical projects
- Strong understanding of mechanical design principles.
- Experience in CAD based mechanical design, simulation / verification, synthesis and analysis
- Interested in audio and/or audio mixing systems, desirable
- Understanding of thermals, would be useful
- Project management qualification, would be very useful
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org