AES-42 Input Card for digital microphones
AES 42 is a protocol for direct digital interconnection between microphones and devices, such as digital consoles, and adds operating features so that processing internal to the microphone like filters and gain control may be controlled from a mixing console. By digitizing the signal at the capsule, several analogue gain stages are eliminated which can result in higher dynamic range. A microphone can be mono or stereo. When using a mono microphone, the second channel is not used.
This card offers users 4 mono or stereo channels of AES42 preamps for digital microphones.
- 4 mono or stereo channels of AES42 digital mic preamps
- Sample rate conversion
- Selectable pre-attenuation
- Compatible with SD-Range
- Designed to be hot plugged
Complies with or exceeds AES3 (or IEC-60958 Type I) 2003.
- Input impedance: 110 Ohm transformer balanced +/- 5%. Optional: 75 Ohm unbalanced +/- 5%
- Sample rate – input range: 32 kHz to 99 kHz (sample rate conversion on). Sample rate conversion switchable per AES input
- Sample rate – operating rate: 44.1 kHz*, 48 kHz, 96 kHz +/- 2Hz @ 48 kHz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (0dBFS)
- Resolution: 24dB (sample rate conversion off)
*Not native to mixer system and not available in Optocore connected systems